Tuesday 13 August 2013

Introductions!

Hello! First of all, it’s very nice to see you…wait, meet you... (oh, you know what I mean!). My name is Philippa or Launchers or magiclandofstuff; whatever you want to call me! This is my first blog post, as you can probably tell by the title and this blog is going to consist of beauty, fashion and little life updates in general. To tell you a little bit why I've set up a blog, here’s how I was introduced to the world of blogs…

A couple of years ago I discovered the wonderful world of YouTube on a quest to become more independent from anyone around me. At this point I was only about 12 so I had absolutely no intentions of creating my own channel or doing anything creative within YouTube whatsoever. I’d just started getting more and more intrigued by the world of makeup, fashion and all things pretty by this age and I wanted to make sure I was a bit more clued up on how everything worked before I put it into practice myself. Having no ‘real’ womanly influence in my life (I say none, I have two big sisters, one of which does not live close enough to talk to in depth about this sort of stuff and one who rarely wore makeup and didn't know much about it at the time!), I turned to the only thing that seemed to be able to give me any sort of guidance and this thing, low and behold this magical, marvellous thing was YouTube. I started watching tons of beauty videos when one day I stumbled upon the beauty guru, Tanya Burr. I watched Tanya’s channel grow and grow and then I saw that she had all these lovely friends and so I subscribed to them too. I was watching a whole group of beauty gurus that were all linked together through YouTube…I had discovered the beauty community. One day, I was reading the description of one of Tanya’s videos and she had linked this thing called a ‘blog’ where she was posting reviews and giveaways and all sorts of new and fascinating information. Then I found out that pretty much any beauty guru on YouTube had all stemmed their channels from their blogs and almost instantly I knew that I wanted to set up my own. Unfortunately, I had no idea where to start and at the time I was reading Zoe Sugg’s blog (or ‘Zoella’ as she is most commonly known) and I noticed that her blog had been set up on ‘Blogger’ and this brings us up to the last couple of days really, the first days of my very first blog! Happy days :)

So, I will be posting more content very soon and I will also be making a separate blog where all my unrelated life stuff will be posted (that will probably be called launchers).


Thanks for reading guys, follow my blog and stay tuned! x

7 comments:

  1. hey;) I really liked your post:) Can't wait to see how your blog will turn out:D
    If you want you can check out and follow my blog, which is like yours, new:D
    http://it-sacrazylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing more from you soon!

    -Megan x
    http://blooms-of-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof. I love Zoe -she's the cutest!
    I, too, am new to the world of blogging. It seems like it's going to be a good time.

    -Ashley
    www.toiletescape.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Philippa with the blog :D It's hard work but lots of fun.
    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete