Thursday 15 August 2013

Rimmel London Lipstick Review


Going into Boots and searching the makeup counters is definitely one of my favourite things to do, it can also take absolutely forever as I am the most picky person in the world. Knowing that I wanted to pick up a red lipstick and knowing that I could easily take an hour to choose which one to buy was ridiculously scary, especially with red lipsticks as you can easily go wrong and choose the wrong colour for your skin tone. This was my first time buying a red lipstick and it was incredibly daunting, but I did my research prior to buying and it made the whole process much easier. Rimmel London is my favourite drugstore brand at the moment so I instantly gravitated towards the counter and what a wonderful choice I made! This lipstick is a cool toned red as this compliments my skin tone more than a warm toned colour. 

Rimmel London's 164 Tantrum

I am really very pleased that I chose Rimmel to buy from as the lipstick is very good quality, it's creamy, smooth and moisturising on the lips, which is something that doesn't happen often when I buy lipsticks. It's also a gorgeous colour, very pigmented and I particularly love the shade as it isn't too bright, but it isn't too dark either. 

164 (Normal range) and 101 (Kate Moss range)

As my red lipstick was bought from the normal Rimmel London range of lip products, I wanted to compare it to the lipstick I bought from the Kate Moss range (No. 101). Yes, I know they are completely different colours but why not hey? To be entirely honest, I think I definitely like the normal range over the Kate Moss range. I found that the Kate lipstick wasn't that creamy and didn't stay on the lips for very long. I was quite disappointed with this particular product, but I am yet to try the others in the range so I will do another review when I buy some more from the Kate Moss line.

I really do recommend the Rimmel lipsticks for any first time buyers, as they aren't that expensive and very good quality.

Thanks for reading, bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment